11/28/11

British Sauce.

Always granteed to raise a titter these postcards were all the rage back in seaside Britain back in the 70's and 80's. Then political correctness came along and ruined all of that, along with Benny Hill,  and his saucy humor.

I go through these phases of obsessively collecting things; playing cards, retro games, autographs, advertising memorabilia, ventriloquists dummies, and so on and and on. About ten years ago it was Bamford Postcards post cards, much to mu wife's chagrin - although there's been worse and probably will be even worse.

I was lucky enough to be walking past Sotheby's - at either the right or wrong time (all depends  how you look at it) just before their closing down auction and managed to purchase a whole stack of the original art works.

They alaways make me smile and remind me of the good old days.


Here's a just few I managed to get my mits on.








No comments:

Post a Comment